How to cook Simmered Radish Miso.
Simmered Radish Miso
Servings: 2 people
- 200 grams radish/大根/白蘿蔔/白萝卜
- 1 Tbsp oil/油
- 1½ Tbsp miso/味噌
- 2 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- Peel radish and cut into half moon if it is small to medium . If it's a larger radish you may cut it further to quarters.quarters. About 1cm thick.
- Mix the ingredients for sauce in a bowl. Set aside3.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry radish until cooked,it becomes translucent by then.
- Add the sauce and simmer until sauce is almost gone. Flipping the radish for few times to cook and coat evenly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and top with your choice of toppings. Chopped scallions, aonori or sesame seed are just few.
You may also add Japanese chili pepper, 一味唐辛子(Ichimi Tougarashi:red pepper flakes) or 七味唐辛子(Shichimi Tougarashi:spicy powdered assortment which includes 7 kind of seasonings) on the top.