How to cook Chinese egg and tofu soup.
Tofu and Egg Chinese Soup
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 150 g tofu/豆腐
- 2 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- 4 cups water/水
- pepper/胡椒 to taste
- sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油 optional
- 4 Tsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉 to thicken soup
- 2 tsp soysauce/醤油
- 2 Tbsp chicken soup powder/チキンスープの素/鷄湯粉
- 1 tsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜 grated
- Cut tofu into cubes about 2cm thick. Beat the egg and set aside. If using fresh ginger, grate and set aside.
- In a pot put water and seasonings. Stir well to dissolve potatostarch properly. Bring to a boil. When boiling, lower heat and stir until becomes thick.
- Slowly add sliced tofu. Put fire on high level and pour beaten egg. Stir lightly to entangle eggs.
- When egg reached the firmness you want, turn off heat and adjust the taste.
- Finally sprinkle pepper and drizzle some sesame oil if you prefer
You may adjust the taste depending on your preference. Just be careful in stirring at the end part to avoid breaking the tofu.