Turnip Miso Soup
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 turnip/かぶ/蕪菁
- 3-4 Tbsp miso/味噌
- 2 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 4 cups water/水
- Separate the stem part from the turnip. Peel and cut turnip half and finally into half moon slices. Wash the green part, get rid of any soil in between. Cut into 2cm long.
- Boil turnip in a pot of water with add dashi powder under high heat . Note that the thinner the turnip the faster it is to get soft.
- When turnip becomes semi transparent lower to medium heat and add green parts and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Turn of heat and add miso. You can use laddle, bowl or strainer to make sure the miso is dissolved properly before adding in the soup.