Beef and Bitter melon Stir Fry
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g beef (sliced)/牛肉スライス/牛肉(薄片)
- 1-2 pcs bitter melon/ゴーヤ/苦瓜
- ½ onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 1 clove garlic/にんにく/大蒜 minced
- 1 tbsp oil/油
- little salt/塩/鹽
- little pepper/胡椒
- 1 tsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- 1 tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 tbsp okonomiyaki sauce/お好みソース/薄餅汁 may use oyster sauce as substitute
- 2 tsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 2 tsp soysauce/醤油
- Cut the bitter melon into half lengthwise, remove seeds using spoon and slice into strips. May slice thicker to preserve its crunch.Mince the garlic and slice the onion.
- Slice beef into bite size pieces. Sprinkle with little salt and pepper.
- In a bowl. mix all the ingredients for seasoning.
- Heat oil in the pan, stir fry garlic and onion until fragrant, Add beef slices and stir fry until color changes.
- Once beef is no longer pink, add bitter melon and stir fry further for at least 2-3 minutes. Add seasonings and stir fry to coat everything well with sauce. May add sesame oil just before serving.