Beef in Tomato Stew
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
- 400 g beef (sliced)/牛肉スライス/牛肉(薄片) we used chunks
- 3 tomato/トマト/番茄 middle
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 1 onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 2 potato/じゃがいも/薯仔/土豆
- 1 clove garlic/にんにく/大蒜
- 3 cups water/水
- 1 Tbsp oil/油
- 2 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- Cut beef into chuncks about 3-4 cm thick.
- Slice the onion and tomatoes. Place separately in bowls. Mince the garlic. Cut the carrot and potato into wedges.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add onions, carrot and potatoes. Stir fry for few minutes and when onion becomes semi transparent, transfer to a plate.
- On the same pan, sear and lightly brown the sides of the beef. Some oil may render and you may use kitchen paper to remove some.
- Add garlic and when becomes aromatic add the tomatoes. Stir fry for a while to soften the tomatoes.
- Once everything is well sautéed, add 3 to 4 cups of water or just enough to submerge the ingredients. Let it boil and simmer on medium heat for about 45 minutes or until the beef becomes soft
- Add the sautéed carrot, onion and potatoes. Add the seasonings, give it a stir and let simmer again until vegetables gets cooked.
The sauce may evaporate while simmering so add water and adjust taste if necessary.