Cabbage and Cucumber Vinegar Salad
Servings: 4 people
- 100 grams cabbage/キャベツ/卷心菜
- 1 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- ½ tsp salt/塩/鹽 for boiling
- 3 Tbsp vinegar/酢/醋
- ½ Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- ¼ tsp salt/塩/鹽
- Wash vegetables. Cut cabbage into strips about 1cm in width. Put salt all over cabbage and leave it for at least 10 minutes. After which, wash it once to remove salt and squeeze the water out.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise first and then into thin diagonal strips. Mix with cabbage.
- Mix the vinegar mixture together and pour onto the bowl of cabbage and cucumber. You may let it sit for few minutes to let the flavor get absorbed well.
There are other ways to prepare the cabbage. One is to just cut and put it under microwave for 2 minutes or so. The the other one is to boil it quickly with salt. Both ways need squeezing water afterwards by the way. Now just choose one that's more convenient for you.