Cabbage in Sesame Dressing Salad
A quick, simple and Vitamin C loaded dish
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g cabbage/キャベツ/卷心菜 about quarter of a medium size
- 1½ Tbsp sesame/ごま/芝麻 ground or whole sesame seed is fine
- 1 T soysauce/醤油
- 1 T sugar/砂糖/糖
- ½ tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- ½ tsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- Wash and cut cabbage into bite size pieces. Put into heat resistant bowl and place in microwave for 2-4 minutes under 600W
- In a separate bowl, mix the ingredients for sesame dressing making sure sugar is well dissolved. Set aside.
- When cabbage is cool enough, squeeze out as much as water from it.
- Lastly mix cabbage thoroughly with the sesame dressing. Enjoy!
For the cabbage, please try heating first for 2 mins and may put back for few more minutes if needed. It will always depend on your preference.