Cabbage Spring Roll
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g minced pork/豚ミンチ/免治豬肉
- 500 g cabbage/キャベツ/卷心菜 shredded
- 30 g glass noodle/春雨/米絲
- 500 ml water/水 to soak vermicelli
- 1 tbsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- 20 pieces spring roll wrapper/はるまきの皮/春卷皮 rice paper maybe used
- oil/油 for frying
- 2 tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 tbsp okonomiyaki sauce/お好みソース/薄餅汁 or oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 1 tsp garlic/にんにく/大蒜 grated
- 1 tsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜 grated
- 1 tsp chicken soup powder/チキンスープの素/鷄湯粉
- 1 tbsp water/水
- 1 tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉
Wrapper Sealer Mixture
- 1 tbsp water/水
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour/小麦粉・薄力粉/面粉和薄力面粉
- Rehydrate the vermicelli noodles using hot water according to packaging instruction, drain and cut into easy to eat size.
- Make the slurry by mixing water and potato starch in a bowl and stir evenly. Set aside.
- Shred the cabbage. If using fresh ginger and garlic, you may grate or minced it finely.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic and ginger until aromatic.
- Add ground pork and stir fry until color changes.
- Add cabbage and stir fry even more. Once cabbage is soft add the vermicelli and seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Stir the slurry before adding. Then stir fry until it thickens. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Mix water and flour to make a sealer for wrapper.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into the ⅓ part of wrapper, and make a roll. Seal the end with the water and flour mixture.
- Heat appropriate amount of oil in a pan, enough to cover ½ of the rolls. *You can still make it crispy and golden brown without deep frying.
- Fry the spring rolls until becomes golden brown.Lay on a frying rack or kitchen paper to drain excess oil.