- 450 grams minced pork/豚ミンチ/免治豬肉 ground chicken or beef is fine too
- 1 onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 150 g tofu/豆腐 if you want to make it more juicy, you can replace this tofu with meat
- 1 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- ½ cup flower powder/小麦粉・強力粉/面粉和强力面粉 May adjust amount later
- 1 tsp garlic/にんにく/大蒜
- 1 tsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜
- 1 Tbsp miso/味噌
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- ½ tsp salt/塩/鹽
- little pepper/胡椒
- 80 grams cheese/チーズ/芝士 This recipe used sliced cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp milk/牛乳/牛奶
- 2 tsp flower powder/小麦粉・強力粉/面粉和强力面粉
To make cheese filling
- Mix cheese, milk and flour in a heat resistant bowl. Wrap it and put under microwave with 600W range for 50 sec. Mix well until it becomes one thick paste of cheese.
- Spread a cling wrap and divide the cheese feeling into 6 or depending how many patties you would like to make as well. Wrap individually and then put in the fridge to let it set.
To make hamburg patty
- Place tofu in a heat resistant dish and put under microwave with 600W range for 2 mins. Drain water from tofu well and pat dry excess moist with kitchen towel.
- Shred or mince garlic and ginger.
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl.Mix well to combine ingredients properly. Stir until you achieved the right thickness to form a patty. You may need to add flour if you find the mixture too watery.
- Once the patty and cheese is ready. Place patty over a cling wrap and spread it evenly into oval shape. This time i made it the size of a palm.
- Take one cheese feeling, place on top and centre of patty. Hold the sides of wrap and fold it towards the center thus covering the cheese. Do the same for top and bottom until the cheese is no longer visible. Smoothen the surface and press a little to make it even.
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan and fry each side of hamburg patties for 2-3 minutes or until fairly brown. Carefully flip them around, we don't want the cheese oozes out.
- Place on a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Transfer to a plate and serve with your choice of dip and side dishes.
This hamburg has taste already so it's good even you don't put on any sauce or ketchup!