Servings: 4 people
- Rice Cooker
- 2 cups rice/白米/米飯
- 200 g chest nuts/栗/栗子
- 1 tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 2 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 1 tsp salt/塩/鹽
- appropriate amount water/水 by level of 2 cups
- If using whole unpeeled chestnuts start by washing the nuts and making a horizontal cut on one side of chestnut. Deep enough for the knife to touch the surface of the nut itself.
- Boil sufficient amount of water in a pot and boil the chestnuts for at least 15 minutes. Drain, let it cool and peel each piece one by one. You may cut into half if preferred.
- Prepare and wash the rice as usual and add appropriate level of water.
- Pour water for 2 cups of rice and add the peeled chestnuts and the rest of the ingredients. Stir well and cook with usual rice cooking process.
- Lastly, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top before eating.