Chicken Mushroom in Mayo Stir Fry
Servings: 4 people
- 500 grams chicken leg/鶏もも肉/鷄脾/鸡腿肉
- 1 bundle mushroom(shimeji)/しめじ/本菇
- salt/塩/鹽 to taste
- pepper/胡椒 to taste
- spring onion/長ネギ/青蔥 for garnish
- 2 Tbsp ponzu vinegar/ポン酢/味酢
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Pat dry excess moist with kitchen paper. Add pinch of salt and pepper and mix well.
- Chop spring onions for garnishing.
- Remove roots of shimeji.
- Heat oil in a pan. If using chicken with skin, you may not put oil anymore. Just place chicken with skin side down and it will render oil later on.
- Fry both sides of chicken, preferably brown them a little.
- When chicken changed in color, cover the pan and simmer for 5 minutes under low heat.
- Remove cover, add shimeji mushrooms and seasoning. Return to medium heat, stir fry until well coated and some of sauce evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving plate and top with chopped spring onions.
The chicken skin may be removed or reduced depending on your preference. Plus during the browning of chicken fats from the skin may come out so you can use kitchen paper to wipe excess oil.