Chicken Nanban with Tartar sauce
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g chicken leg/鶏もも肉/鷄脾/鸡腿肉
- 1-2 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- ½ c all purpose flour/小麦粉・薄力粉/面粉和薄力面粉
- 2 tbsp oil/油
- 3 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 3 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 3 Tbsp vinegar/酢/醋
- 1 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 2 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋 hard boiled
- ⅓ cup onion/たまねぎ/洋葱 minced
- 2-3 Tbsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- ½ Tbsp milk/牛乳/牛奶
- 1 Tbsp lime/かぼす/酸檸檬
Tartar Sauce Procedure
- Mince onion. if you like it less spicy. If you like it less spicy, soak in water for 5 minutes and squeeze excess water.
- Minced boiled egg and add the rest of ingredients. Mix well and adjust the taste to your liking.
- Whisk the egg and place in a deep and wide plate.
- Pat dry excess moist from the chicken. Make slits on one side and sprinkle with appropriate amount of salt and pepper on both side.
- Put chicken in a wide dish and generously sprinkle with flour making sure all sides are coated. Finally, quickly soak in the beaten egg and put directly on the pan to fry.
- Fry chicken on both sides for about 5 mins each or until pretty brown. Transfer to a plate layered with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.
- Clean the pan with kitchen paper and add ingredients for the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Once bubbling, immediately put back chicken. Simmer and flip at least 2 times until sauce is absorbed well. Transfer and let it cool. Slice into easy to eat pieces and top with tartar sauce.