Chicken and radish vinegar stew
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g chicken leg/鶏もも肉/鷄脾/鸡腿肉
- 4 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋 boiled
- 300 g radish/大根/白蘿蔔/白萝卜
- 60 ml vinegar/酢/醋
- 100 ml water/水
- 2 cloves garlic/にんにく/大蒜
- 1 thumb ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜
- pepper/胡椒 optional
- 4 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 3 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 3 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 3 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces or larger if you prefer. Trim or cut excess fat or skin.
- Boil the eggs and peel.
- Cut the radish into half moon shapes about 1-2 cm thick. You may pre boil them for about 10 minutes if you wish to remove the some smell.
- Slice ginger thinly and crush the garlic.
- Heat little oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Once aromatic add the chicken skin side down and pepper. Fry until becomes brown on each side.*You may remove excess oil with kitchen towel.
- When chicken is fairly browned add radish and boiled egg. Add the water, seasonings and bring to a boil. When boiling lower fire to medium heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced and becomes thick. Stir occasionally to even out the flavor.