Chicken Vegetable in Ketchup Sauce
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack chicken leg/鶏もも肉/鷄脾/鸡腿肉 chicken thigh,other part is okay too
- 1 pack bell pepper/パプリカ・ピーマン/青椒
- ½ onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 1 Tsp oil/油
- salt/塩/鹽 for taste
- pepper/胡椒 for taste
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 Tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉
- 1½ Tbsp ketchup/ケチャップ/番茄酱
- 1 ½ Tbsp vinegar/酢/醋
- 1 ½ tsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 ½ tsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- Pat dry excess moist of chicken and cut into bit size. Cut bell pepper and onion same the size of chicken pieces.
- Mix sake and potato starch with chicken and set aside. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients for ketchup sauce and set aside.
- In a pan, heat oil and fry the chicken until it changes in color.
- Add in onion and pepper and stir fry for about 5 minutes. When you notice the onion becomes slightly transparent on the side but not so soft, add in the ketchup sauce and stir well until fully combined. Cook for another 3-5 minutes enough for the sauce to evaporate and thicken a little.
Some chicken packs has skin with it so you may remove if your worried with oil but if you want the skin anyway, you can just saute it longer until oil comes out from the skin and wipe it with kitchen towel afterwards. It's better to cook vegetables for 50-60% only to retain some crunch and aroma. If you prefer.