Chicken and Vegetable Vinegar stir fry
A light and tangy sauce based stir fry
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g chicken leg/鶏もも肉/鷄脾/鸡腿肉
- 1 lotus root/れんこん/蓮藕
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 2 eggplant/ナス/茄子
- 2 tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉
- 1 ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜 thumb-size
- 1 tbsp oil/油
- sesame/ごま/芝麻 toppings
- 1 ½ tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 3 tbsp vinegar/酢/醋
- 3 tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- Slice chicken into bite size pieces. You may trim of skin or excess fat if preferred.
- Slice eggplant into half moon shape. Soak in water for at least 5 minutes.Cut carrot into chunks or wedges.Peel and slice lotus root into half moon shape.Slice ginger. It helps with removing smell of chicken and add flavor to the dish.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the eggplant. Once fairly browned transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Using a ziploc bag or tupperware with lead put lotus root and potato starch together and shake well.
- Fry the lotus root for at least 3 mins each side. Transfer and set aside.
- Repeat the same process for the chicken and fry until pretty brown. Wipe off excess oil with kitchen paper. Add ginger and the rest of vegetables.
- Pour in the sauce and stir fry until everything is well coated and most of the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to a bowl and top with sesame seeds or chopped scallions.