Chikuwa Cheese Rolls
Servings: 4 people
- 5 pcs chikuwa/ちくわ/獅子狗卷
- 2 slices cheese/チーズ/芝士
- 1 tsp sake/酒/清酒
- 2 tsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 2 tsp soysauce/醤油
- pinch sugar/砂糖/糖
- Cut chikuwa rolls into about 1cm long.
- If using cheese slices, fold and make strips approximately same length with the chikuwa and thick enough to fit inside chikuwa hole. Stuff in the cheese inside holes of chikuwa.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry while rolling the chikuwa until color turns brown evenly.
- Once browned, add seasonings and quickly stir fry to coat the chikuwa rolls.
- Turn of the heat, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.