Cucumber and Tuna Salad
Servings: 4 people
- 3 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- 1 tuna can/ツナ缶/油浸吞拿魚/金枪鱼罐
- salt/塩/鹽 for soaking cucumber
- 2 tsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- 2 tsp mentsuyu/めんつゆ/麵汁 There are some condensed type of mentsuyu.We used 3 times condensed one.Its stronger than normal one.
- ½ tsp chicken soup powder/チキンスープの素/鷄湯粉
- ½ tsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- Wash cucumber, cut lengthwise and then into thin diagonal slices. Mix with salt and leave for 5 mins. Wash and squeeze water out afterwards.
- Drain the oil from tuna.
- In a bowl, mix the seasonings together and add tuna.
- Add in the cucumber with seasonings, mix well. Top with some freshly ground pepper and enjoy!
Please take note that if you mix the cucumber with seasonings and leave for a long time this may cause it to become watery.