Cucumber In Soy Sauce Pickle
Servings: 4 people
- 5-6 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- 100 ml soysauce/醤油
- 65 ml sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 30 ml vinegar/酢/醋
- ½ tsb sugar/砂糖/糖 spoonful,not heaping
- Wash cucumber and slice into about 1/2 cm thick.
- Put seasonings altogether in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn off heat and put cucumber immediately. Let it stay in the pot until the liquid gets cool.
- Once cooled down, turn on heat and bring to a boil again. Once it starts boiling, turn off and let it cool for the last time.
- Transfer into airtight container and may store in fridge for the next consumption.
Take note that the you must not boil the cucumber directly. Rather just submerge into boiled liquiduntil it cools off. And must be done twice.