Chicken Curry Rice
A simple way to cook your favourite curry rice using Japanese ready made curry cubes.
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 150 g chicken leg/鶏もも肉/鷄脾/鸡腿肉 thigh
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 1 onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 3 potato/じゃがいも/薯仔/土豆 small
- ½ pack curry cube/カレールー/咖喱磚/(日式咖喱粉)
- 600 ml water/水
- 3 slices ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜
- 1 Tbsp oil/油
- Cut chicken and vegetable into bite size pieces.
- Slice ginger into 3-4 pieces. Ginger helps to remove any smell from the meat. Also gives aroma and some spice.
- Heat oil in a pot, put chicken and ginger. Stir fry until chicken changes in color.
- Add vegetables and stir fry one after the other with 2 minutes interval. Starting from carrot, potatoes then onions. This way the softer vegetables which is the softer ones will not be over cooked if put together at the same time.
- Cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- Turn of the fire. Put the curry cubes and stir well until melted.
- Turn on stove, put under low heat and boil for another 10 mins with occasional stirring.
This recipe used ready made curry cubes so the taste is already fine. But you may still add something like salt and pepper if you wish. Stews like curry tends to taste better hours after cooking, or even overnight. The flavor gets into every ingredients makes it tastier. So if you have lots of time cooking it hours before meal time may be a good idea.
*1 pack of curry cube has 8 cubes usually.
*1 cube is for one person so we used half pack(4 cubes) this time.