How to cook Japanese style fried rice.
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g minced pork/豚ミンチ/免治豬肉
- 4 cups rice/白米/米飯
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- ½ spring onion/長ネギ/青蔥 white part
- 2 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- 2 cloves garlic/にんにく/大蒜
- ½ tsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- 2 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 tsp chicken soup powder/チキンスープの素/鷄湯粉
- little salt/塩/鹽
- little pepper/胡椒
- Cut the carrot into little cubes. Wrap and put in microwave (600W) for 1-2 mins to soften a little.
- Mince white part of spring onions. Crush garlic and mince. Grate ginger. Beat the eggs and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mince pork. Do not stir for few minutes until the water evaporates and bottom turns brown. When browned, stir to loosen clumped pork.
- Add onion first and stir fry until becomes soft. Then add garlic and keep stir frying until slightly browned.
- When pork and spices are aromatic and well sautéed, add carrots and cook for few minutes.
- Once carrot is ready, move the meet and carrots on one side of the pan and leave a space to fry the egg. Pour the egg and right before the bottom gets hard stir it using chopsticks or spatula to make soft omelette - like texture.
- At this time add the rice and quickly mix with all the ingredients the egg still halfway cooked. Mix properly to separate clumps of rice.
- Pour in the seasonings and continously mix and toss to coat evenly.
- Check the taste and adjust if needed. Keep mixing for a while to remove moist from the rice and to make sure the taste is distributed evenly.
- Once the fried rice ready you may add the spring onion or just topped it at the end.