How to cook Ganmodoki.
Servings: 4 people
- 320 g tofu/豆腐
- 6 g hijiki/ひじき/羊栖菜 (dried)
- ½ carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 1 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- 4 pcs mushroom(shiitake)/しいたけ/香菇 (dried)
- 4 Tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉
- ½ Tbsp sesame/ごま/芝麻 toasted
- ½ tsp salt/塩/鹽
- 1 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- ½ tsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油 For frying
- Remove as much water as possible from tofu. Use kitchen paper or much better if you have cheese cloth to squeeze water out. One way is to microwave for 2 minutes with wrap and drain or pat dry once more.
- Cut carrot into small and thin strips. You may also microwave it to soften a little.
- If using dried hijiki and shitaake mushroom. Soak for atat least 10 minutes first. Drain and chop shitake finely.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well until all ingredients are well incorporated. You may adjust the amount of flour or starch to achieve the right thickness to form a patty. Mold the mixture into patties with shapes you prefer.
- And lastly put sesame oil in a heated pan and fry each side of patties until becomes golden brown.
- Place the cooked patties on a plate with kitchen paper to absorb excess oil.