Servings: 4 people
- 2 gobou/ごぼう/牛蒡 burdock root
- 1 Tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉 or cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- 1 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 tsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 2 tsp sake/酒/清酒
- 2 tsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- Wash and peel burdock root with peeler or just scrape off with knife. Cut diagonally about 1 cm thick. Soak in a water to prevent darkening. Drain and dry properly.
- Place burdock in a zip lock bag and add cornstarch. Shake well to coat each pieces properly.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and fry the burdock pieces on each side. Careful not to place them close together for they may stick to each other.
- Once burdock are slightly browned, add teriyaki seasonings. Stir fry until becomes thick and all the sauce adheres to the gobou roots. Sprinkle sesame seeds and transfer to a serving plate.