Servings: 4 people
- 450 g beef (sliced)/牛肉スライス/牛肉(薄片)
- 1 onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 200 ml water/水
- 1 tsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜 grated/paste
- 1 Tbsp oil/油
- 4 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 3 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 3 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 2 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- Pat dry any excess moist from beef and cut into bite size pieces.
- Slice onion into strips.
- Peel and grate ginger if using fresh one.
- Finely chop scallions or green part of leek works fine as well.
- In a bowl, mix the seasonings and set aside.
- Put oil in a heated pan. Sauté onion until partly brown.
- Add water, ginger and seasonings and bring to a boil.
- When boiling add beef slices and simmer for 10 minutes under medium heat.Let some of liquid evaporate. The thicker the sauce becomes the tastier itwill be.
- Transfer on a serving plate or directly on top of your rice. Sprinkle with scallions or sesame and enjoy.