Hand rolled sushi buffet style
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 people
Vinegar sushi rice
- 450 g rice/白米/米飯 1 cup=150g
- 500 ml water/水 for cooking rice
- 6 tbsp vinegar/酢/醋 for seasoning after rice is cooked
- 5 tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖 for seasoning after rice is cooked
- 1.5 tsp salt/塩/鹽 for seasoning after rice is cooked
Japanese egg roll
- 5 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋 M size
- 3 tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 3 tbsp milk/牛乳/牛奶
- 2 tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 pack sashimi/刺身 Whatever you like
- 1 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- 2 can tuna can/ツナ缶/油浸吞拿魚/金枪鱼罐
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- 1 pack imitation crab/カニかま/蟹肉棒/蟳味棒
- 30 piece seaweed(toasted)/焼きのり/海苔 1 seaweed is almost 10cm*15cm(4inch*6inch)
1.Vinegar sushi rice
- Cook 450 g of rice with rice cooker with 500 ml of water
- *It takes time to cook so start cooking rice first.
- *The amount of rice is 3 cups but please don't pour water by level of 3 cups as vinegar will be added later.The total amount of 450g rice and 500ml water should be almost on 2.5 cups level line in the rice cooker.
2.Japanese egg roll
- Put eggs and seasonings in the ball and mix them together
- Heat up a pan and put 1/4 of egg mixture into it
- Start rolling it when the bottom is enough hard to flip over
- Repeat this process 3 times and make one big roll
- Cut into stick for roll
3. Sashimi pack
- Salmon, Tuna, Squid…any Sashimi is fine.
- Cut cucumber into stick
- Get rid of oil from tuna pressing lid of can
- Mix with mayonnaise
- Take imitation crab out from pack and place with Sashimi
- Prepare soy sauce for each person with small plate (wasabi together if you like)
- Take out seaweed and put on the plate
7. Vinegar rice
- After rice is cooked, pour and mix seasoning and rice just before eating
- Serve rice with big plate
- Serve them with buffet style
- Make your own hand roll
Please mix the cooked rice and mixed seasoning while the rice is still hot and mix the rice like slicing in the rice cooker using spatula or rice paddle.Also, please fan it to get rid of some water during mixing so the rice won’t be mushy when you eat.
Wow! It looks amazing!!!
Will try prepare this myself when back in the kitchen! Good clean layout on recipe and bonus tip for not making the rice mushy!