Total Time35 mins
- 110 g hijiki/ひじき/羊栖菜
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜 medium
- 1 T oil/油
- 3 pcs tofu(deep fried-thin)/油揚げ/日式油揚豆ト
- 140 g soy bean/大豆 canned
- 1 cup water/水 for
- 1/2 tbsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 3 T soysauce/醤油
- 3 T sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 1½ T sugar/砂糖/糖
- If using dried hijiki, let it soak in water for at least 30 mins. Use strainer/coriander with fine slots and put under running water for few seconds and let drain.
- Wash, peel and cut carrot into tiny strips, about 1 cm long.
- Blanch or dip quickly the fried tofu skin into a hot water to remove excess oil.Drain, cut lengthwise and make thin strips almost same size as carrot.
- Put together the ingredients for seasoning and mix until the sugar is well dissolved. Set aside.
- After heating oil in a pan, put hijiki together with carrot and stir fry for few minutes until excess water evaporates and well coated with oil.
- After mixing fish broth powder and water well, put sliced tofu skin and fish broth soup into pan and mix well.Cover and let it boil for 10-15 mins.
- Check until the carrot is cooked and still firm. Add seasonings and soy bean and boil with lid open until most of the sauce evaporated. Stirring occasionally.
- Adjust the taste to your liking and to your preferred softness of vegetables.