A simple and quick to make side dish that can be added to bento or even just a tasty appetizer.
Servings: 4 People
- 4 pcs chikuwa/ちくわ/獅子狗卷 1 piece is almost 20 cm
- 1 T oil/油 for frying
Ingredients for Batter
- 1 T seaweed(Aonori)/青のり/青海苔
- 2 T flower powder/小麦粉・強力粉/面粉和强力面粉 all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt/塩/鹽
- 1 Tbsp water/水
- Slice chikuwa rolls into bite size pieces, usually diagonally or strips can do as well.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients to make the batter. Add in sliced chikuwa and make sure they are well coated.
- Heat the frying pan and add oil. Put fire on medium heat. Some deep fry it but if you want less oil use only a tablespoon or two.
- Fry chikuwa on both sides until they become fairly brown. Enjoy while it's hot.