Izakaya Cucumber Salad
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- ½ tsp salt/塩/鹽
- ½ Tbsp sesame/ごま/芝麻 ground
- 1 tsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- ½ tsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 1 tsp soysauce/醤油
- ½ tsp chicken soup powder/チキンスープの素/鷄湯粉
- Wash cucumber. Lightly beat with a rolling pin enough to make cracks Using hands break into bite size pieces.
- Put salt and toss to coat well. Leave for 10 minutes, after which squeeze as much water as possible.
- In a bowl mix the ingredients for dressing and make sure granules are dissolved.
- Finally add the cucumber,ground sesame and toss well.
You may use plastic bag to put cucumber in before beating so as not to make mess.
In case of no rolling pin, you may use other solid objects like mug or bottom of a bottle. Be careful not to hit very hard, you may crashed it too much. You may also want to mix the dressing just right before eating otherwise the salad gets watery. Plus sesame seed smells and tastes better when recently added .