Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3 sheets tofu(deep fried-thin)/油揚げ/日式油揚豆ト cut into two to make 6pcs
- ½ carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 50 g hijiki/ひじき/羊栖菜 =2 tbsp of dried hijiki
- 300 g tofu/豆腐
- 3 mushroom(shiitake)/しいたけ/香菇
- ½ cup fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 1 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 500 ml water/水
- 1 Tbsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 3 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 3 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 3 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- Slice up tofu block into smaller size and place on a heat resistant dish. Microwave with 600W range for 2-3 minutes without cover to help remove as much water. Once cooled down wrap in a kitchen paper and wring out water.
- Cut carrot and mushroom into thin strips.
- In a pan, place carrot, shiitake and hijiki with the liquid ingredients and simmer until dried up. Be careful not to let it burn. Once cooled down mix with tofu and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the fried tofu to 2 equal parts to make pouches. Pour on hot water or soak if preferred to remove excess oil from it. Drain properly.
- Carefully place enough tofu mixture inside the tofu pouch and press down slightly with a spoon. Leave space enough to seal it with toothpick.
- In a pot, place all the ingredients for oden broth and bring to a boil. Add gonmodoki packs and boil for at least 10 minutes. You may let it soak for longer time to make it become tastier.