Konyaku and Fried Tofu Miso Soup
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack konnyaku/こんにゃく/蒟蒻
- 2-3 sheets tofu(deep fried-thin)/油揚げ/日式油揚豆ト
- 1 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 2-3 Tbsp miso/味噌
- 1 Tbsp spring onion/長ネギ/青蔥 As topping
- Cut konnyaku/konjac into thin strips around 3cm by 1cm long.
- Boil water in a pot and boil konjac for at least 5 mins to get rid of smell. Drain well.
- Pour fried tofu with hot water to remove excess oil. You may use the water you boiled the konjac from. Press water out with kitchen paper and slice into same size as konjac or even thinner strips.
- In a pot, pu appropriate water needed. Add konjac and dashi powder, bring to a boil. This recipe used 1 cup per person.
- After konjac is soft enough, add fried tofu and boil for another few minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Use a strainer or laddle to dissolve miso in.
- Adjust the amount of miso if needed. Transfer to a soup bowl and top with spring onion.