Baked Cheese Lily Bulb
Servings: 4 People
- oven/oven toaster
- 5 pcs lily bulb/ゆりの根/百合根
- 10 g butter/バター/奶油/牛油
- 2 slices cheese/チーズ/芝士
- 1 clove garlic/にんにく/大蒜 paste/grated
- 1 Pinch salt/塩/鹽
- Soak lily bulbs for at least 5 minutes in a water to soften the dirt in it. After which, trim the root part and brown edges of the bulb. Then take off the petals one by one while trimming some of the wilted edges once more. Wash and drain.
- Grate or mince 1 clove of garlic and mixed with the lily.
- Add little salt and mix. If using salted butter, you may put lesser salt.
- Preheat the oven for at least 10mins over med heat.
- Place the seasoned lily bulb on baking pan or tray.
- Slice into pieces the butter and scatter over the tray of lily bulb.
- And lastly top it with cheese. Shredded or slice is fine.
- Put in oven toaster, and bake under high heat for 10 minutes. You have to wait for the top of the bulb to get browned, in this case they become a little crispy on top.