Lily Root Fritter
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 4 pcs lily bulb/ゆりの根/百合根
- oil/油 a bit more than normal stir fry
- 1 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋 may use white part only
- 4 tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour/小麦粉・薄力粉/面粉和薄力面粉
- 50 ml water/水
- Peel off one by one each lily bulb and wash to remove dirt. Trim any darkened edge if there are. You may not tear off the center part and keep it whole. Drain well.
- Mix all the ingredients for the batter. Slowly add water until a thick paste is made.
- Heat appropriate amount of oil in the pan. Make sure it is hot enough by dropping tiny amount of batter, when it rise up to the top it means it is ready.
- Dip and coat each lily bulb piece into the batter and fry until each side becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Lay on a kitchen paper to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with salt before serving if desired.