Maitake Mushroom and Okra Miso Soup
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack mushroom or Maitake mushroom
- 6-7 pcs okura/オクラ/秋葵
- 4 cups water/水
- 2-3 Tbsp miso/味噌
- 1 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- Tear the mushroom into small pieces using hands.
- Cut the okra into thin round slices.
- Boil water in a pot and add dashi oror fish powder.
- When boiling add mushroom and boil for at least 3 minutes.
- Add okra and boil for another minute.
- Turn of heat and add miso. You can use laddle, bowl or strainer to make sure the miso is dissolved properly before adding in the soup.
Adjust the amount of miso if needed.