Mushroom Miso Soup
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 5 pcs mushroom(shiitake)/しいたけ/香菇
- 2 sheets tofu(deep fried-thin)/油揚げ/日式油揚豆ト
- 4 cups water/水
- 2 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 3 Tbsp miso/味噌
- Place fried tofu skin in a strainer and pour boiling water over to wash off oil. Drain and cut into 1cm thick and 3cm long.
- Cut off stem part and slice vertically.Cut mushroom into thin strips.If using dried mushrooms, rehydrate them first by soaking in water for about 30 minutes.
- Put water in a pot. Add fried tofu and dashi powder. Bring to a boil.
- When boiling put mushroom and boil until cooked.
- Turn off heat and stir in miso paste. Adjust the amount of miso accordingly.
- Serve while hot or if will be consumed later, warm quickly but do not let soup boil.