How to cook Okonomiyaki.
Okonomiyaki (Japanese pizza)
Servings: 4 people
Okonomiyaki Mix Powder
- 240 g all purpose flour/小麦粉・薄力粉/面粉和薄力面粉
- 5 tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉 (5 spoonful of powder, not heaping)
- 10 g bonito/かつお節/鰹魚花
- 100 ml water/水
- 1 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- 100 g beef (sliced)/牛肉スライス/牛肉(薄片) Sliced pork is fine,too.
- 1 tuna can/ツナ缶/油浸吞拿魚/金枪鱼罐 80g
- 1 can corn/コーン/玉米 200g
- ¼ cabbage/キャベツ/卷心菜 big
- 1 whole spring onion/長ネギ/青蔥
- okonomiyaki sauce/お好みソース/薄餅汁
- seaweed(Aonori)/青のり/青海苔 topping
- bonito/かつお節/鰹魚花 topping
Cut all ingredients
- Cut cabbage into 2-3 cm strips
- Cut spring onion into 1 cm round slice
- Remove water from Corn can
- Open tuna can and push the tab from top to squeeze oil inside
Make Okonomiyaki powder
- Mix flower powder and fish broth powder in a bowl.*If you have an Okonomiyaki special powder pack, please skip this instruction as it's mixed already.
Make Okonomiyaki mixture
- Mix everything together in a bowl with soup ladle. (Okonomiyaki powder, bonito, water, egg, sliced beef, tuna, corn, cabbage, spring onion, water)
- Stir well until all ingredients are well incorporated.*If you use pork, i recommend you to cook it first with pan.
- Pour the mixture with heated pan.*We used an electric griddle but you may also use pan if you don't have.*I recommend you not to use any oil when you cook with pan.
- Fry each side of Okonomiyaki until becomes golden brown.
- Please put Okonomiyaki sauce, Mayonnaise, seaweed(Aonori), bonito on the top
Our patty is almost 15 cm of diameter and 1-2 cm of thickness.We ate 1 patty 1 person.Please cut it into half or 1/4 when you serve.