Okura Cabbage Sesame Salad
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack okura/オクラ/秋葵 6-8 pieces
- 200 grams cabbage/キャベツ/卷心菜
- 1½ Tbsp sesame/ごま/芝麻 Ground or whole sesame is fine
- 1 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- ½ tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- ½ tsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- Wash vegetables. Cut cabbage into bite size pieces or thin strips if you prefer. Put in a heat resistant bowl, wrap and heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let cool and squeeze water out.
- Boil water and put okra, boil quickly for at least 2-3 minutes, constantly checking specially if they are not the same sizes. Drain well and slice into round pieces. About half cm thick.
- Mix the dressing well in a bowl and finally add cabbage and okura. May leave it for few minutes to let flavour be absorbed well.
You can also heat okura in microwave if you prefer, it takes less time although in my personal observation it may dehydrate the okura a little bit which results sometimes to lose its crunch.