Pork and Eggplant Miso Stir Fry
Servings: 4 people
- 300 g pork slice/豚こま/豬肉片
- 1 eggplant/ナス/茄子 big
- 1 spring onion/長ネギ/青蔥
- 1 clove garlic/にんにく/大蒜
- 1 Tbsp oil/油
- 1 Tbsp miso/味噌 red miso
- 2 tsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 2 tsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- Pat dry excess moist from pork and cut into bite size pieces.
- Wash eggplant and cut into irregular wedges/slices.
- Cut white part of leek into 1cm thick. Chop some green part for garnishing.
- In a bowl, mix the seasonings making sure everything is well dissolved.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry leek until outer part becomes brown. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- On the same pan, add pork and stir fry until no longer pink.
- Add eggplant in and fry until edges become brown as well.
- Once eggplant is fried , add leeks and seasonings. Stir fry until ingredients are well coated with sauce and let some liquid evaporate.
- Transfer to a serving plate and top with scallions or green part of leek.