Pork Onion Ginger Stir Fry
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack pork slice/豚こま/豬肉片
- 1½ onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 1 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 2 Tbsp flower powder/小麦粉・強力粉/面粉和强力面粉
- 1 tsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜 grated/paste
- 1 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 2 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 2 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 2 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 Tbsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜 grated/paste
- Pat dry excess moist out of pork and cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix the marinade with the pork and set aside.
- Slice onions into strips.
- Heat a pan, no oil is added since the pork will render some fat later. Put the marinated pork in the pan and fry until becomes brown in color.
- Add onions and stir fry with pork for 2-3 minutes or becomes bit soft.
- Add in sauce and cook for few more minutes. Let some liquid evaporate and wait for sauce to thicken a little and you're done.
Browning the pork a little bit adds more umami to the dish.