How to cook potato cheese mochi.
Potato Cheese Mochi
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 5 potato/じゃがいも/薯仔/土豆 small
- 3 slices cheese/チーズ/芝士 thin sliced
- 3 Tbsp potatostarch/片栗粉/番薯澱粉/淀粉
- 60 ml milk/牛乳/牛奶
- ½ tsp salt/塩/鹽
- 10 g butter/バター/奶油/牛油
- Peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Place in a heat resistant bowl, warp and heat in microwave(600W) for 5 minutes.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or you can use a sieve to press potatoes in to make it finer.
- Mix milk, potatostarch and salt. Pour it to potatoes in 3 times, mixing after each time.
- Divide cheese slices into same number of potato patties.
- When finally mixed properly , divide into 6-8 parts. Using hands make ball shapes, press to flatten and put cheese inside. Press the sides towards center and flatten one more time to make round potato patties.
- Heat butter in a pan and fry the potato mochis for around 4 mins until each side turns brown. Carefully flipping it to avoid breaking and seeping out of cheese.