Potato with Tuna Salad
Servings: 4 people
- 3 potato/じゃがいも/薯仔/土豆
- 1 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- 1 tuna can/ツナ缶/油浸吞拿魚/金枪鱼罐
- 1 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋 boiled
- ½ carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- ⅛ onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- 1 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 1 Tbsp salt/塩/鹽 for cucumber
- water/水 for boiling
- Peel and cut potatoes into bit size. Cut carrot and Cucumber into thin half-moon slices.
- In a pot boil water and add salt and boil potatoes. Until fork tender. Don't let get broken apart.
- Blanch carrot. May boil for 2 mins if cut thickly.
- Place1 cup water and 1 Tbsp salt in a bowl and soak in the cucumber for 15 minutes. Wash once to remove excess salt. Squeeze water out.
- Mince onion and soaknin a water for 5 minutes and squeeze water out. Doing this takes out the spiciness of onion. May skip if you like onions as it is.
- Mince or slice boiled egg thinly.
- Drain oil from tuna.
- Mix the ingredients altogether until well combined. And finally put salt and pepper to taste.
You may want to mix all the ingredients while the potatoes are still warm, to make it absorb much flavour and makes it more rich in taste. Plus make sure to remove as much as excess water from the ingredients to get that thick and creamy salad texture.