Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- ½ pumpkin/カボチャ/南瓜
- 2 Tbsp onion/たまねぎ/洋葱 minced
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise/マヨネーズ/蛋黃醬
- little salt/塩/鹽
- little pepper/胡椒
- Wash pumpkin. Scrape off seed using spoon and cut into bite size pieces. You may include the peel if you want, it gets soft and is nutritious anyway.
- Minced onion finely and soak in water for at least 5 minutes. Drain ang squeeze excess water. This takes away some of the spiciness.
- Put pumpkin in heat resistant dish and wrap. Place in microwave under 600W and heat for 5 minutes. Once done, do not immediately take it out or remove wrap. Leave it for 3 minutes or so to keep steaming. Then finally check using chopsticks or fork. Poke the peel part, if still hard may put in microwave for another minute depending how hard it is.
- When soft enough, let it cool and add the onion and mayonnaise. Mix and mash lightly to break edges of pumpkin, but not totally mashed into paste like consistency. Leave out some whole pieces for better texture.
- Lastly, put a little of salt and pepper. Mix well and taste before adding little more if needed. The pumpkin and mayonnaise is already tasty so not too much salt is needed.
Make sure that the pumpkin is just soft enough easy to mash a little. Smaller or thinner pieces takes less time to cook so you may adjust cooking time with microwave and then heat more if needed.