How to cook simmered chikuwa and konnyaku.
Simmered Chikuwa and Konyaku
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pack konnyaku/こんにゃく/蒟蒻
- 1 pack chikuwa/ちくわ/獅子狗卷
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- ¼ cup water/水
- 1 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 2 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- Slice chikuwa into half cm thick.
- Rub salt with konyaku and rinse. Cut using a spoon into about 1cm thick.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and fry chikuwa and konyaku for about 2 minutes or until well coated with oil.
- Add water and seasonings and simmer with occasional stirring until sauce has evaporated.
- Sprinkle with toppings of your choice and enjoy.