Simmered Dried Radish
Servings: 4 people
- 50 g dried strips of radish/切り干し大根/蘿蔔干絲/萝卜干丝
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 1 sheets tofu(deep fried-thin)/油揚げ/日式油揚豆ト
- 500 ml water/水
- 2½ tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 2 Tbsp sweet sake/みりん/味醂
- 3 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- Soak dried radish in hot water for at least 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out water. Set aside liquid. Slice into 2-3cm long.
- Cut carrot into thin strips.
to make dashi broth
- Mix the liquid where the radish was soaked with the fish powder. Set aside.You may also se just plain water if you wish.
- Blanch or soak fried tofu in hot water to remove excess oil. Press water out with kitchen paper and slice into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add radish, carrot and fried tofu. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add dashi broth, mirin and sake. Bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add sugar and soy and simmer without cover until the broth is almost dry.