Stir Fried Chicken Gizzard
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 200 g chicken gizzard/すなぎも/鳥胗
- 1 stalk chinese chives/ニラ/韭菜 or spring onion for
- 1 Tbsp sake/酒/清酒
- 1 Tbsp lime/かぼす/酸檸檬 Or lemon juice
- Cut the gizzard into thin pieces. Add the marinade and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut the spring onions diagonally into thin slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the gizzard. Once lightly browned add sake and water. Bring to a boil and lower fire to medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes or so or until it becomes soft. Since gizzard may be rubbery using drop lid may help to soften it faster.
- Remove the cover and stir fry until all liquid evaporates. Add the spring onions and stir fry quickly. Turn of heat, transfer to a bowl and squeeze some lemon just before eating.