Stir Fried pork and Bitter Melon
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 400 g pork slice/豚こま/豬肉片
- 1 bitter melon/ゴーヤ/苦瓜
- salt/塩/鹽 for soaking bitter melon
- 2 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- 1½ tsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉
- 1 Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- ½ tsp chicken soup powder/チキンスープの素/鷄湯粉
- Cut pork into bite size pieces. Pat dry extra moisture with kitchen paper. Sprinkle little salt and pepper.
- Cut bitter gourd lengthwise. Scrape off the seeds with spoon then slice thinly. Put salt and mix well. Leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash and squeeze water out afterwards.
- Heat oil in a pan. If pork has fats already, oil may not be added. Stir fry pork until color changes.
- Add bitter gourd, dashi powder and chicken powder. Cover the pan then cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove cover, pour the beaten egg.Pour soysauce and stir fry until egg turns semi solid.
- Adjust the taste and transfer to a serving plate.