- 200 g pork slice/豚こま/豬肉片 thinly sliced, minced is okay too
- 1 carrot/にんじん/紅蘿蔔/红萝卜
- 2 potato/じゃがいも/薯仔/土豆
- 1 onion/たまねぎ/洋葱
- 1 Tbsp ginger/ショウガ/薑/姜
- 3 Tbsp miso/味噌 may adjust amount
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
Dashi stock mixture
- 1 Litre water/水
- 2 Tbsp fish broth powder/粉末だし/木魚粉 may add more later if desired
- Gather and wash all ingredients. Cut into easy to eat pieces. Cut pork or if already sliced, make into small pieces. Thinly sliced onion. And cut carrot and potato into small cubes or shape you desire. Grate or mince ginger
- In a pot, heat sesame oil and sauté pork with ginger until the pork changes color or even bit browned is better. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot, may add more oil if needed and saute vegetables starting from onion, carrot and potato. Stir until well coated with oil.
- Add in the sautéed pork in the pot. Pour in water. Cover and let boil. Skim the scum and fat from the soup.
- Add dashi powder. Boil for about 7 minutes or more, enough to soften the vegetables. *time may vary depending how big vegetables we're cut.
- When ingredients are all well cooked, turn off heat and add in miso. *use a strainer to dissolve the miso or in a laddle/bowl until well dissolved and add into the pot.
- Adjust the amount of miso if you feel like it.
You may also add other kinds of ingredients as you wish like gobou, renkon, radish, taro, konjac, and tofu.But if you do, I suggest that you add in the toughest or most hard like gobou or renkon giving them time to boil for few minutes before adding more softer ones.I don’t usually just boil them all together at the same time since softer ingredients tends to cook faster.We don’t want overcooked or worst mashed vegetables, do we;-)