Recipe No. 69
How to cook vermicelli salad.
Japanese style Vermicelli Salad
Servings: 4 people
- 60 grams glass noodle/春雨/米絲 vermicelli
- 1 cucumber/きゅうり/青瓜/黄瓜
- ½ pack imitation crab/カニかま/蟹肉棒/蟳味棒
- 1 egg/卵/鷄蛋/鸡蛋
- 1 tsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油 for frying egg
- little salt/塩/鹽 Tof prep cucumber
- 1½ Tbsp sugar/砂糖/糖
- 1 ½ Tbsp soysauce/醤油
- 2½ Tbsp vinegar/酢/醋
- 1 Tbsp sesame/ごま/芝麻
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil/ごま油/芝麻油
- Slice cucumber diagonally and then cut into thin strips. Sprinkle some aalt and let sit for 5 minutes. Squeeze water out afterwards.
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Heat sesame oil in a pan and pour the beaten egg covering all surface of pan. Once egg is cooked, rol and cut into thing strips same size as the cucumber.
- Shred the imitation crab meat into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a bowl, place the ingredients for dressing and quickly heat it in microwave just to melt the sugar.
- Boil the vermicelli as written in the packaging. Drain and cut into smaller strand.
- Right after cooking the vermicelli and while it's still warm mix the ingredients altogether in a mixing bowl or plate. Toss and coat properly to even out the taste.